Sterling the Cat

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My cat teaches me to give positive feedback.

        “That was a great hit!...A little more to the right and you have it made…Wow, you get a home run on that one,” I say to Sterling as we play his favorite ball game. He stretches out on the floor facing me and I roll a ball to him. About half the time he manages to knock the ball back to me with either front or back feet. It may be my imagination but he seems to understand my feedback. At least he wants to play ball this way as long as I provide the rolling ball and comments.
       
How do I feel when someone gives me specific praise for something I have done in contrast to silent response? What opportunities do I take advantage of to point to the success of my friends, regardless of how small?

How do you give positive feedback to those you care about?

1 comment:

  1. Cindy Olivett RichterJanuary 23, 2011 at 4:43 PM

    Oh this is so easy...for my friends each possess wonderful traits and from my heart I just tell them so.....that I love them and they are special to me and I thank God for friendships. Being honest with praise is so important and to see the delight on people's faces is my reward. Cindy

    ReplyDelete