Sterling the Cat

Friday, January 28, 2011

My cat teaches me I have choices.

I must admit, it is a terrible thunderstorm.  But Sterling will not be comforted. He races from window to window and room to room. Why does he not remember that he has survived thunderstorms before? I want to know what happens next in the book I am reading, so I curl up on top the bed, with a pillow at my back and find my place. It is dark and I have to turn on the bed light. I call to Sterling to join me but he is too busy chasing the storm from window to window. For some reason he is choosing to ignore my help and is facing this storm on his own.

        We do have choices, all the time. Sterling knows I am here, and we have faced storms together before. This time he chooses his own plan, and follows it.

What does having choices mean to you?



No comments:

Post a Comment