Sterling the Cat

Friday, January 21, 2011

My cat teaches me about overloading my memory.

We started with eight little soft balls, two bags with four each. For months Sterling has been hiding balls, here and there, which the two of us manage to find when we want to play ball. The number of found balls is dwindling and I forget to buy replacements when I am at the pet store. As Sterling and I search for the balls he has hidden we both forget his favorite hiding places until we are down to a paltry few balls. Exasperated, I put “soft balls” on my to buy list.

        If Sterling could talk he might remind me that I often overload my memory bank. Every day I put in more, and it gets all jumbled up together. Instead of chastising myself I need to be more understanding and just make notes of things I need to remember.

How do you deal with memory overload?

1 comment:

  1. Cindy Olivett RichterJanuary 23, 2011 at 4:38 PM

    Marta,
    I make a list of all I have to do and prioritize as to what has to be done first. But I would rather have rested in the sun with Sterling and licked my feet. Cats are smarter than we are. I want to be a cat. cindy

    ReplyDelete