Sterling the Cat

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My Cat Teaches Me How to Ignore

My cat teaches me how to ignore.
I’m at my computer and I hear “Meow, Meow, Meow.” “Calli, it is not time for your food.” “Meow, Meow, Meow,” she replies. each “Meow” louder than the one before. Of course I hear her; the whole world hears her, but I pretend I don’t. Actually I have learned this technique from none other than Calli. If words don’t work absolute I-don’t-hear-you does. It helps me to have something to do that appears to be very important and I proceed as if my life depends on in.
Mealtime comes and I sneak up on Calli with “It’s time to eat.” Must admit there is a little part of me that feels triumphant, and another part somewhat guilty.
Help! What works for you when your cat, or a person, is pesky?

No comments:

Post a Comment